- Vision training is a type of training to focus on heightening the player’s visual abilities, to coordinate feet & eyes, body & eyes.
- A soccer player must do whatever it takes to excel. A player is as good as his or her abilities & can get better by working hard constantly every day.
- Vision training is a vital component of the player’s exercise with maximum performance to take the game to the next level.
Necessary Visual Skills
Vision training will focus on some of the individual skills needed for a player to reach their highest playing abilities.
- Eye Tracking: learning to keep your eye on the ball
- Peripheral Awareness: the ability to see things out of the corner of your eye
- Dynamic Visual Acuity: learning to see objects clearly while they’re in motion
- Focusing: changing focus from one object to another quickly and clearly
- Hand-eye and Body-eye Coordination: being able to use your eyes to direct the movements of feet, body, and other specific limbs.
- Depth Perception: quickly and accurately judging the distance and speed of something
- Reaction Time: the rate at which you can perceive a visual event and react to stimulus
- Contrast Sensitivity: the ability to distinguish between an object and the background
- Balance: ability to stay upright and in control of body movement